Real Live Monkeys!

We're taking a little breather from the ads today, but that doesn't mean I'm skipping out on you guys. I recently came upon an article from Comic Book Resources written over a year ago talking about peoples' real life experiences with comic book mail order pets, namely monkeys!

Here's a tidbit from Jeff Tuthill, who shares his own experience with receiving his real life monkey:


I know it wasn’t over $25 bucks because I wouldn’t have bought it if it was. I remember I saved up the money to buy it, and I had it delivered to a friend’s house that lived around the block from me. He called me up when it was delivered, and there was actually postage due upon delivery, which I expected. It was less than ten bucks. I was 15 years old. When he called, I rode over on my bike. It came in this little cardboard box. I mean, I’m saying small. It was probably the size of a shoebox, except it was higher. It had a little chicken wire screen window in it. There was a cut out. All you could see if you looked in there was his face.



Sadly I skipped over the monkey ads when I started doing this blog, and by the time I realized my error they were already gone from the pages of Spider-Man. I have, however, showcased two other pet ads, one for raccoons (sold by a company that used to sell the same monkeys, and still exists today) and one for a... dragon?

I still have no clue what that creature is in the latter ad, so if you have any idea, please feel free to comment below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment